The 1st Agreement: Be Impeccable With Your Word
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
The 2nd Agreement: Don’t Take Anything Personally
• What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
• You start to get depressed and unhappy because you start to believe those negative things about yourself.
• When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
• Once you stop taking things personally, you will be much happier.
The 3rd Agreement: Don’t Make Assumptions
• We often jump to conclusions and make assumptions that are wildly wrong. When you have trouble understanding something, you assume you know what it means. When things become clear, you can see that it means something else entirely.
• Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
• Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
The 4th Agreement: Always Do Your Best
• When you always do your best, taking action because you love it, not because you’re expecting a reward.
• then you really enjoying life. You are having fun, you don’t get bored, you don’t have frustrations.
• If you truly commit yourself, you will find that there is absolutely no reason for you to judge yourself, and you will eliminate the feelings of guilt and blame from your life. Plus, you will be a lot more productive!
Three ways to break old agreements
- Start noticing the beliefs you have, which are based on fear and make you unhappy.
- Learn to forgive the people who hurt you, most of all yourself.
- Remember that each day could be your last to stay in the present.