So here is a list of useful tips you need to consider to prevent you and your family right from our expert Dr. Piyush Shukla.
- aching muscles and joints
- body rash that can disappear and then reappear
- high fever
- intense headache
- pain behind the eyes
- vomiting and feeling nauseous
Dengue is a virus, so there is no specific treatment or cure. However, intervention can help, depending on how severe the disease is.
- Preventing dehydration
- Painkillers, such as Tylenol or paracetamol
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin or ibuprofen, are not advised, as they can increase the risk of internal bleeding.
- Homeopathic medicine like Eup. Perf., Belladonna, Gelsemium, Aconite(according to patient’s condition) can be given in early stages.
- Reduce the amount of skin exposed by wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and socks, tucking pant legs into shoes or socks, and wearing a hat.
- Mosquito repellents
- Mosquito traps and nets,
- Avoid scents
- Remove stagnant water